Warren Buffett – Money Mantras (1)

 

Let us listen to Warren Buffett‘s winning investing strategy:

1) “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No.1”

2) “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

3) “Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing.”

4) “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.

5) “In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.”

6) “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price, than a fair company at a wonderful price.”

7) “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”

8) “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.”

9) “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.”

10) “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

11) “The business schools reward difficult complex behavior more than simple behavior, but simple behavior is more effective.”

12) “You do things when the opportunities come along. I’ve had periods in my life when I’ve had a bundle of ideas come along, and I’ve had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I’ll do something. If not, I won’t do a damn thing.

13) “Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people.”

14) “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”

15) “If you’re in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99%.”

16) “There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.”

17) “Forecasts may tell you a great deal about the forecaster; they tell you nothing about the future.”

18) “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.”

19) “In the world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love.”

20) “You know… you keep doing the same things and you keep getting the same result over and over again.”

21) “An investor should act as though he had a lifetime decision card with just twenty punches on it.”

22) “You’ve gotta keep control of your time, and you can’t unless you say no. You can’t let people set your agenda in life.”

23) “Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing.”

24) “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.”

25) “If past history was all that is needed to play the game of money, the richest people would be librarians.”

26) “Tell me who your heroes are and I’ll tell you who you’ll turn out to be.”

27) “If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.”

28) “…not doing what we love in the name of greed is very poor management of our lives.”

29) “The most important investment you can make is in yourself.”

 

I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM. For the moment, I have shared my experience growing up with you because it had a tremendous impact on how I do what I do.

If you have a question about your own financial situation please connect with me.  I’d be delighted to try to be of service.

Don’t miss any future posts, please subscribe via email.

Want to Become a Crorepati with nominal income? Read it

Leave A Reply